"Worrying about tomorrow means that you are missing some of today" Corey Allan of Simple Marriage

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Catching up with C

I finally caught up with C today, after about 7 years! It sure has been great to catch up, but I do feel a little flat. Perhaps it has been too long between visits. Perhaps she now has two wonderful sounding children and I have none so I can not connect on that level. Perhaps I am just overthinking things as per usual. Unfortunately she is having a bit of trouble at home with N. I hope that she does manage to work it out. Tomorrow, before she leaves, I will make sure I let her know that if she ever needs to really get away with the children, then she is always welcome to be with me, where ever that may be. I hope that she has thought a bit about what I have said, in regards to getting her own secret bank account set up, and talking to a lawyer regarding her rights etc. I know it will be hard for her to leave. She has 9 horses, 2 children, and aside from the horses, no 'real' qualifications. I must make a concerted effort to go and visit her at least every 6 months, and to phone her every couple of months. I believe that The Lord may have crossed our paths at this time in order for me to help her, but not pity or shame her. Maybe he has crossed out paths for her to help me. Or perhaps it will help us both.

It was a great day. I had a small bet on C's horse ($5 each way). He came 2nd, so I came out even (covered my bet and the entry to the races, didn't cover the $2 programme, so technically I am $2 down).

And now C and T have gone to bed. C is pretty beat, she had a big day today. T, well he looks pretty beat as well. So I am up kind of watching CSI, but mostly doing a bit of online stuff.

Dear Lord. Thank you for bringing C back into my life today. Please provide me with the wisdom and openess to help her in her life. Please also assist me in continuing contact with her as she is truely one of my best friends in life. Thank you for bringing T into my life, a stable and reliable and trustworthy man. Please continue to work on his beliefs and kind heartedness. Please also bless my family, friends and animals, as I know you already do. Amen

No comments: