"Worrying about tomorrow means that you are missing some of today" Corey Allan of Simple Marriage

Saturday, November 26, 2005

One step forward two steps back

Went for my first bike in ages today. I thought that all of the running that I have been doing of late would have me going great guns. Came back down to Earth with a thud when I realised that, hey, actually my biking is worse than ever. I kinda got into it a bit for about the middle half, but the beginning and end was terrible. Walking my bike up stupid little hills, and I got lost, don't ask me how, I have no clue. I did bike for about 1.5hours, in the rain, and I had to get home by 1pm to shower and then head out to my cousin's kids 3rd birthday, so that didn't help matters. I really must just bite the petrol bullet and get out to the park twice a week. Irregular little bikes every now and then just won't cut it.

My cousins kids birthday was, ummmm, ok. I ended up talking to Mum, Dad, Aunt, Uncle, and Henry & Pauline (both my parents ages). Basically everyone there was either my parents age, or in their 20's, married, with children. Hmmmm I actually don't fit into either category, plus being a bit shy doesn't help. I must learn to make much more of an effort, but its just so hard!!!! I think most of them were churchy as well (ie young, married, with kids - way to generalise Micha!). Bah humbug.

Did get to see my Aunt and Uncles new house, which is pretty cool. I would love to buy their old house as it was originally my grandparents place and I absolutely adore it, but Ma n Pa say its too old and in too much disrepair, but who knows, whatever will be will be I guess. Oh yeah, gotta get a job in the area first!!!

Bah humbug - job hunt.

No comments: