"Worrying about tomorrow means that you are missing some of today" Corey Allan of Simple Marriage

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Transfer complete

I had my transfer today.  Ye gads it was awful.  I do not cope with a full bladder at all well.  They fortunately let me 'let a bit go' before the transfer, but oh heck, I only just managed to stop from letting it all go (via standing up and pretty much yelling 'stop!')  Then by the time it was time for the transfer I was pretty much bladder full again so I was making many strange noises while trying to NOT pee on the Dr.  I was also taking a lot of deep breaths, which I had to stop as the Dr couldn't get the right place to drop the embies off on, so I hope I managed to stop long enough for her to hit the right spot.  And once I was given the all clear I was into the toilet like a shot and did the longest 'Austin Power's pee' ever.  Once I got out and into 'my' little room I noticed another woman rushing around like a crazy person needing the loo, so I felt a bit better and more normal, (although also a bit guilty for holding up the loo for so long).

So anyway, we had a 10 cell, two 8 cells and I think a 6 cell.  They transferred the two 8 cells today, and will phone and let us know on Saturday whether the 10 cell and/or the 6 cell are worth freezing.

I'm getting a bit nervous as everything seems to be going so well, and of course, being an infertile, it just can't be that easy.  Of course I really, really, really want this transfer to work (well doesn't everyone doing IVF!) but I am trying oh so hard to not get my hopes up.  I'm definitely going in cycles - you know, planning on what will happen if it happens, and then pulling myself back as there is still so much more to go through - the good ol' two week wait being the first of them.

Anyway, I have to 'be normal' for the next week and a half, and then have the 'are you pregnant?' blood test on Sunday 26th.  I wonder what 'normal' is, it seems so long since I have felt normal I am not too sure as to what I'm to do … no doubt I will figure it out.

2 comments:

babycrazykiwi said...

First of all thanks for your comment. Always excited to find another kiwi blog out there esp since I can relate to things like distances from labs/clinics and the roads! Looking forward to seeing how you get on with the transfer. All the best and hope a BFP comes your way!!

sass @ (In)fertility Unexplained said...

Yay! Congratulations! I hope they stick and that was the last time you ever have to risk peeing on the doctor :)