"Worrying about tomorrow means that you are missing some of today" Corey Allan of Simple Marriage

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Temptation - arghhhhhhhhh

Awesome training day today. We learned about pest control for work (I work in the Dairy industry, and since we manufacture dairy products for human consumption, pest control is of the utmost importance). Tomorrow is day two of the course, where we are learning about pathogens. Anywho, the tutors for the course are so nice, that they provide us with bowls of LOLLIES - now this is week two of Body for Life for me, and I have not only had to survive a Pizza Day at work (where I had two slices, and made it my 'free day), going out for lunch with everyone from work, meeting my web designer at a cafe, and now two days of training where they provide lunch (meat pies, quiches, multiple bread sandwiches) and LOLLIES! So I ate my crackers and cheese (and had one mini, tiny, quiche), ate my banana, and I ate 1, thats ONE, lolly - which was a mistake, as I wanted more, but I didn't have any. Sheesh - talk about testing me Lord! Just need to survive tomorrow, and then hopefully I can get back to normal (well as normal as I can get ... lol). I did complete my exercises when I got home, so I'm still doing well on that front.

Awww, just had a phone call from my Dad and Mum. The little rescue dog that I gave them is doing really well. Plus Dad has been out on my old bike, go DAD! And then Mum had a sad story about a funeral she is going to on Friday. It is her cousin Junes son, who died in exactly the same spot as her cousin June (ie his mother) did a few years ago. June skidded in roadworks, as the roadworks sign had fallen down and so she hit them faster that she should have and skidded in the gravel and hit a tree. Not to sure how her son did it, but mum thinks that it might even be the same tree - all she knows is that he was not wearing his seatbelt. Terrible, sad tale. As many people have said before me, treasure all those around you as you never know what is around the corner.

Dear Lord. Thank you for blessing me this day, with training and further knowledge, with the health of my chicken, with the delicious HEALTHY food that I enjoyed, and for the phonecall from my parents. Please watch over, bless and protect my family, friends and animals. Please bless my fellow bloggers in their dreams, goals and hardships. Amen

No comments: