"Worrying about tomorrow means that you are missing some of today" Corey Allan of Simple Marriage

Sunday, August 22, 2010

2 weeks down

Well I am two weeks into my BFL programme, and I have lost 1kg! Yay for me. I must admit I am not overly struggling with it. Sure I get home from work, and I don't want to work out, but I do it, and at the most it only takes me 45 minutes, so really, its just sweet as. The food is not much of a problem. I am eating heaps of fruit, 2 kiwifruit, 1 orange, and grapes each day. When I look at it that way it doesn't look that much, but compared to my usual average of 0 each day, then its not so bad. I have probably simplified the diet somewhat (ie lunch and dinner involve 1 fist size of vege, 1 fist size of carbs, 1 palm size of meat), but I am not trying to be a 'champion', and if it is working so far, its working! Hooray! Heres hoping I keep it up! I am past my 2 week 'fall off the wagon' stage (just).

Not much else is happening - just work, home, sleep.

I tried really, really hard to control my mouth today. Epic Fail! Of course I got roped into a couple of conversations at work today, but went 'arghhhh' at myself afterwards. Will try again tomorrow, with God's assistance of course. I was saying 'Go Away Satan' whenever a nasty thought crossed my mind, but, as I said earlier, he did get in there a couple of times. I even switched off my car stereo today so I could open my mind to God. I need to practice this far more often.

I sure hope my bible arrives soon, I feel like I am floundering with this whole 'discover religion' thing.

1 comment:

Deborah Ann said...

If I had half your determination, I'd lose weight and moniter my words too. You are such an inspiration!

Visiting blogs today. So glad I found you!