My fortune cookie on Facebook said today - Accept something you can not change and you will feel better.
And with that in mind, on with my post ...
I have had a 'depressed' couple of days. Arghhhh. I guess it is brought on by getting my period, but I take it out on, and blame it on TJL, when I know I shouldn’t (and I am sure that I have told him that it is not him, although I have blamed him for not caring etc). I am feeling a lot better now, but I thought that I should write down what I planned to write this morning, but I will change it from what I HATE about myself and my life to what I dislike :-)
What I dislike about myself and my life (in no particular order)
- My appearance, fitness and weight
- My laziness at home
- My focusing on the ‘bad’ in my life and my failure to count my blessings
- The fact I am to chicken to go to church, and to tell my family that God has finally found me, or I have found God, or we have found each other ... lol
- I don’t have fun, laugh, or enjoy my life which makes me feel I am ruining TJLS life
- I read about other peoples lives (via blogs and facebook) rather than living my own life
- I don’t control my spending
- I don’t control my eating
- I don’t ‘like’ what a lot of people at work talk about (ie being nasty about other people), and I don’t like how I behave when I am around them
- I watch way too much TV
- I don’t spend enough time with Stella or TJL
- The garden is a weed fest
- The house is a mess fest
- I don’t want to go out in Taranaki with anyone other than TJL, I have not made an effort to get to know his friends.
SO my plans for the next week starting tomorrow
- When on days off walk Stella at least twice a day, and on days on walk Stella once a day
- Each day do ONE house task. This week I will
Monday - vacuum floors
Tuesday - wash floors
Wednesday - dust bedroom
Thursday - dust living rooms
Friday - washing (1 load before going to WOW)
Saturday - washing (1 load after WOW)
Sunday - day off, visiting with sisters family who is coming to sta
3. Write down 5 blessings at the end of each day
4. Consume only 1 600mL soda a week
5. Spend 30 minutes a day REALLY listening to and concentrating on what TJL has to say (ie not while on the computer, or watching tv, or being uninterested)
And I think that MIGHT just be enough for my first week. Once I have these actions established in my weekly living as habits I will begin to expand on them.