"Worrying about tomorrow means that you are missing some of today" Corey Allan of Simple Marriage

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Words

A few people have been coming up with words that they are focusing on for the year.  So far I have come up with 4!  Yes, that pretty much describes me - indecisive or greedy or just a faffer general.  Anyway, what has been happening for me is some mornings I wake up and I have a new word in mind.  At the moment I am writing them on the whiteboard in the kitchen, and so far it's working pretty well as TJL then reads them and repeats them, and thus reminds me of them.


So the words I have up (so far) are:-

FOCUS - I have picked focus because, as I said before, I am very, very good at faffing around rather than getting tasks done.  This is a hard one for me.  I know what I should be doing but get sidetracked extremely easily.


GROW - This really stands for many things.  A key one is to Grow Up!  I am embarrassingly immature.  Seriously.  It is time I grew up.  I also want to grow in my understanding of God, as I am such a beginner when it comes to Christianity.  I want to grow my photography business, grow decent vegetable and flower gardens.  And, of course I want to grow a baby, or three, or how every many God decides to bless us with.


ENGAGE - I need to engage more with TJL, rather than spend all our time in the same room watching TV and being on the computer.  A relationship can not exist in this manner!  I need to listen more and talk less.  And I need to actually concentrate when I listen, not show a half interest, it has to be listening in full.


APPRECIATE - This was the word I had when I woke up this morning.  I am a glass half empty kind of person.  What I realised this morning was that, the only thing missing from my life is children.  Other than that I have everything I ever wished for.  My fiancee is a farmer.  I am a photographer.  I own a house.  So I don't appreciate what I have, and it is time that I did.  


I wonder if God will bring me any new words tomorrow?

No comments: