"Worrying about tomorrow means that you are missing some of today" Corey Allan of Simple Marriage

Sunday, January 08, 2012

Day one of BCP

So today I started birth control pills.  This means that the process of IVF has now begun.  It's exciting, and scary!  I haven't been on BCP for a very, very long time, so I hope they don't stuff up my cycle since I am so regular.  Oh well, time will tell.  We have the appointment for drugs (and how to inject them etc) on the 31st Jan, and so I figure we will be doing the whole IVF petri-dish experiment sometime around Valentines Day.  Being infertile I look to anything as 'a sign' that all will be well, so I'm going with YAY!  I'm going to get pregnant Valentines Day … lol.  Well, a girl can dream can't she … is it to early to start hoping for twins … hahaha.

And then onto more mundane things ...

Tonight for dinner we had Baked Pork Chops in Applesauce.  It was de.lic.ious!  I am so glad I am branching out in the cooking department.  It was super easy as well.

Ingredients
Pork Chops (we had 3, so one left over for lunch tomorrow)
2 Tbsp flour
1/2 tsp salt
Dash of pepper
1/4 cup Catsup (I used good ol' Watties Tomato Sauce)
3/4 cup boiling water
1 cup applesauce (I made my own)
1 onion, sliced

Method
Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C)
Brown pork chops in skillet then put into casserole dish
Add flour, salt, pepper, catsup, boiling water, and applesauce to skillet with pork juices (see pic below), stir until thickened and smooth

Place sliced onions onto pork chops (I actually cooked my onions in the mix above)
Pour applesauce mixture over pork chops.
Bake 45 minutes or until done

I served with green beans and potato kumera mash … yum, yum, yum



The only other thing I achieved today was cleaning the goldfish tank.  I gave it a thorough clean so the fish got moved out into my spare small tank, all the water taken out (into buckets to go back in), all the stones taken out and washed, and all the sides of the tank cleaned.  It looks good!  And the fish seem quite happy so all is well.  Hooray!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That sounds so good! Yummy :)