"Worrying about tomorrow means that you are missing some of today" Corey Allan of Simple Marriage

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Good feelings

I just realised today (yes I can be slow), that I did the right thing by quitting my job 3 months ago.  I think if I was still under the 'stress' of work (and that would have been purely because I disliked the environment so much, not because the work itself was stressful) then the thought of even trying IVF would have been an added stressor, and then, in my opinion, the chance of success would have been greatly reduced.

However, since I did quit three months ago, I think I have had just the right amount of time to free myself from the work stress, and relax out, and be more receptive for the IVF.  I know that I am lucky to have TJL and so have been able to be work free and get myself kind of ready, but seriously, I have no idea how other people do it.  I find it mentally quite taxing, so trying to handle both IVF and work would have put me to my limit.

So I am all geared to go.  I feel great!  Yes I could do with some weight loss, and I am working on it, but other than that, and my age, I really don't think that there should be any other issues, so fingers crossed we have a great cycle, and all that goes with it.

One thing I can thank infertility for, is giving me patience.  She's a long, slow, process, especially here in good ol' New Zealand, I'm just glad we have finally begun the road!

No comments: