"Worrying about tomorrow means that you are missing some of today" Corey Allan of Simple Marriage

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Tidying up my crafty stuff

I drove into H town today as there was supposed to be dressage on for me to photograph.  There was not a sign at all that the event was on today, so I high tailed it back home.  I wasn't really in the mood to photograph in the intermittent rain today anyway.

When I got home I decided to start tidying up my craft containers.  Our house is not the largest, so all of my stuff if 'jammed' into a couple of containers, and recently they haven't had their lids on due to being so full.

Of course, once you start 'tidying' your craft stuff you end up wanting to actually do some craft stuff, so in actual fact my tidying ended up looking like this - 


Yep, stuff for MILES!  And seriously, I think we need to get rid of the 1970's Lazyboy in the corner, it's only used as a 'shelf', and currently it has a dead DVD player, and one of the cow's brushes on it.  But yes, messy, messy, messy.  I did manage to get it mostly tidied up before TJL came in for dinner.

I did achieve something through the mess though.  I finally got around to organising our engagement cards.  I can't remember where I got the original idea from, definitely a fellow blogger, but just which one it was, sorry I can't remember.  A big thank you to you anyway, whoever you are!

So I scrapbooked a cover, to go with our engagement cards.  My (old) work colleagues gave us a HUGE card, so I had to make a HUGE cover.  I'm definitely a newbie to scrapbooking (as in I have done about 6 pages total) so I have A  LOT  to learn.  I actually wish I had used blue paper instead of the green, but what's done is done.


And below is the inside.  I have only tied it up with a bit of ribbon, so I can still add more cards (if we get any more, like, if we actually have an engagement party at some point).  Plus I want to write out the proposal and ring details and include them in there as well.  


 The photo that I put on the front is from our trip to Cairns, before we got engaged, but I didn't have any decent ones of us from the actual day.  I do have some others from the day though, so want to have them inside too.

I plan to do this with all saved birthday and Christmas cards as well.  Fortunately they are all just regular sized, so I won't have to make such a big cover!

See you next time
Micha


No comments: