"Worrying about tomorrow means that you are missing some of today" Corey Allan of Simple Marriage

Friday, January 13, 2012

So unmotivated!

Seriously, it is terrible at how unmotivated I am at the moment.  I blame the weather, it has been warm and wet so far this year.  We have definitely had enough rain now, we need SUNSHINE so we can get our hay made!

Today I had been asked to head out and photograph the Taranaki Area Mounted Games.  I wasn't too sure if it would still be on, as we have had so much rain I thought that the grounds would be slippery.  Fortunately they didn't start until 10.30am (such a civilised hour), and the grounds are only 15 minutes away, so I didn't have to leave home until 10am (I like to get there a bit early to see the set-up etc).

This is one of the top older riders.

It was a real shame to see only 4 teams competing today as games are such fun to ride. I am interested in joining the committee (if they have one) but words of wisdom from TJL is to wait until IVF is over (he is definitely a sensible one!)

This is one of the younger novice riders.  The boys, I find, really love the mounted games side of horse riding.

I was so glad I went!  I had thought about 'piking out' because of the weather, but it really was more to do with my lethargy.  Going to the games reminded me that I LOVE MOUNTED GAMES, it is definitely my favourite discipline.  If I ever get a horse again I really think I will do games (if I can).

I really liked this shot as the horses legs are almost in unison, you don't get that shot very often.

So I am very thankful that God has provided me with the motivation to get back into my photography, via the use of Mounted Games.

I'm back!


Cheers
Micha



No comments: