"Worrying about tomorrow means that you are missing some of today" Corey Allan of Simple Marriage

Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Hanging out at the folks

I'm not sure what it is about being back in your parents home that turns one back into a teenager, but it's just something that triggers in my brain.  I'm pretty sure I was a lot better than usual, but I still wasn't a grown up.  It is mostly because I like a bit of quiet, and my mother is a talker.  Ah well, such is life.

Today they have headed off for their 'holiday' of two nights away, while I take care of all of their animals, half of which are actually mine!  It will be pretty easy, I just hope that none of the old ones die on me, my fathers old dog in particular.  He is currently wrapped up under a blanket in the back porch, and I have been checking on him regularly, as the day is rather wet and cold.

I had planned to bring in my elderly horse, and give him a bit of a tidy up today.  Due to the weather that won't be happening.  Fingers crossed for tomorrow, or Friday, as I'm off back home on Saturday.  I have been down and given him a handful of food, and I will feed him tonight.  I have also been to the pharmacy and bought a large box of antihistamines so when I do get a bit of horse time I won't get sick.  I have decided to no longer let my allergies 'run' my life - inspired by the fact an olympic rider, and Bart Cummings are allergic to horses and didn't let that stop them.

Oh, it's raining heavily now!  Yuck!

I also got an urge to knit.  Why?  Who would know.  I haven't knitted since I was about 10, and I wasn't very good at it then.  Don't think I knitted anything without a hole or two in it.  Anyway, I have begun knitting TJL a scarf.  Well what else is a beginner knitter going to attempt??!!

I am also beginning to take 'drastic' measures in my weigh loss journey (which you can follow here on Must. Lose. Weight)  This is definitely not a journey that I am enjoying, but does that really need to be said?  Probably not.

Ack!  I hate diets!

1 comment:

KC said...

I hate diets too. I have never been able so successfully loose even a pound. I am pathetic that way.