"Worrying about tomorrow means that you are missing some of today" Corey Allan of Simple Marriage

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Sausages for dinner

I don't like sausages, even the pure, home raised pork sausages, that we have.  They just don't inspire me, don't make my mouth water, I just don't like 'em and never have.

TJL wanted sausages so that is what he had defrosted, and what I got to cook.  And I still don't like them.  All I did was fry them, and I have to admit that I was super impressed with the fact that NO fat came out of them, the pan basically stayed dry.  TJL liked them, he said dinner was De.Lici.Ous.  It wasn't, but I will go with it.

The Cauliflower on the other hand was YUM!  The broccoli not so much, but the cauli was sweet and perfect.  Again, I don't like broccoli.  I blame my ex as, when his mother was diagnosed with cancer (which she fought and won - HOORAY!) he read that broccoli was a cancer fighter so, we had it EVERY NIGHT  for  MONTHS, and now, ack, I just don't like it.  I eat it because it is good for me, but I don't like it.

Other veges tonight was mashed potato and kumera (sweet potato).  And since I had a delicious serving of that last week up in Aucks, my version was not anywhere near as good.  I seriously wonder what the chef put in theirs.   Ahhhhhhhh, droooooooling just thinking about it.

Best thing tonight will be Raspberry Pie from TJL's boss' wife.  We had half the other night, and it was Fab.U.Lous!  Basically like raspberry jam in a pie, with ice-cream.  Super sweet though!

I  CAN'T  WAIT  TO  BE  A  HOUSEWIFE  TO  BE  ABLE   TO  MAKE  DELICIOUS  AND  NUTRITIOUS  DINNERS  EVERY  NIGHT  FOR  MY  MAN!!

No comments: