"Worrying about tomorrow means that you are missing some of today" Corey Allan of Simple Marriage

Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Tis the season to be busy

I am SO busy!  And I think that because I am so busy, and my mind is working overtime, I don't blog - why?  I guess because I have gone over everything 10 000 times in my head so that it is boring, and why would I want to write boring stuff?

Yeah.  So the 'busy' season.  Being summer work is busy, as farmers are busy milking cows and my job involves testing end products from dairy.  And I had to change rosters at work, but at least that means I get Christmas Day off, and New Years Day off - both of which I have worked the last two years.  Then being summer my photography business is busy as there are lots of horse events on, and I am out photographing them, and then sorting and editing the photos, uploading them to the website, filling orders which are slow in coming, but I am grateful for any that I do get.

And then it has been my nieces birthday and gymnastics competition involving travelling home to see her, one of my horses has laminitis so I need to keep travelling 'home' to ma n pas to check on her.  I have doctors appointments to examine my fertility, or lack of fertility, further.  And coming up is Dads birthday, Christmas, Mums birthday, another nieces birthday, TJLS birthday.

And finally, I have managed to get the vegetable garden planted.  We have potatoes (planted earlier), corn, cauliflower, cabbage, peas, tomatoes, lettuce, beetroot, broccoli, celery, rhubarb, raspberries (canes from last year) and strawberries.  Seeds I have just planted are carrot, zuchinni, radish, pumpkin, and capsicum.  So far I have watered all of these EVERY  DAY!  This has to be a record for me!  Time will tell if I manage to keep it up.  Also time will tell if I actually manage to harvest anything!  So often my vege garden grows and grows and grows and goes to seed .... ooooops!  And thinning is not my strong point - sorry carrots!  And weeding is not my strong point!

So yes, very busy, but I do need to get back to blogging, even if it is only once a week.

No comments: