"Worrying about tomorrow means that you are missing some of today" Corey Allan of Simple Marriage

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sick day

I had such a killer headache yesterday that I ended up leaving work early.  And I hardly ever get headaches, except for lately that is.  I don't know whether it is due to the heat, lack of water, or stress.  More than likely its a combination of all three.  I also ended up having today off sick as well, sore throat and general feeling of blahness.  Since I basically hardly ever have a sick day I feel like I am entitled to one.  Since I have to be up by 5am to get to work by 6am, its actually quite hard to work out whether you are sick or just not wanting to head into work, but due to the fact I have spent the entire day on the couch in my pajamas and have felt like doing NOTHING I think I was genuine.  Strange how guilty one feels, even when one is being truthful.

And again I have attempted to sort out my life.  I just need to get more positive!  Actually, no just about it.  I need to get more positive.  I figure my 4 biggest negative thoughts are to do with work, being childless, food (weight) and money.  The under pinning of my negative thoughts are the thoughts that I am somehow missing out on something.  So to throw a positive spin onto these things today ...

Work means that I have money and social contact.
Childlessness means that I can go anywhere, do anything, at anytime I want.
Eating healthy means that I will feel better about myself and I will have more energy.
Saving instead of spending means I will be able to achieve my big goals and/or be ready for emergencies.

I actually thought that there was a fifth one, but I can not for the life of me think of what it is right now ... hahaha

No comments: