"Worrying about tomorrow means that you are missing some of today" Corey Allan of Simple Marriage

Sunday, December 19, 2010

My camera - think its dead!

I was supposed to photograph the Waitara ODE today, and I did, kinda.  The weather was terrible, very very wet.  Could have been worse, like cold and windy as well.  But wet is bad enough, especially when out in it with a camera.  To be perfectly honest, I didn't really think too much about it.  I have photographed in rain before, just not perhaps SO MUCH rain.  And it was wet rain, you know, the kind that covers and soaks EVERYTHING very quickly.  I managed to photograph most of the dressage, I left before it had quite finished to make sure I got pictures of all the cross country.  Hmmmmmm ... FAIL.  At about the 4th pony to go cross country my camera DIED!  Com.pleat.ley  I did have my spare camera with me, so I got the rest of the 40cm jumpers and then canned the whole idea.  No point in killing two cameras in one day, ah!  I have stuck my camera in the hot water cupboard, in the hopes that it is just in a rain induced camera coma, but I don't think so.  I have recharged the battery and put it back in, and so far NO GO.

And I have a show to do on the 27th.  Thats in 7 days.  And its Christmas.  So most shops will be shut.  Except for the days I will be working, and so unable to get to town.  And I don't have any money at the moment anyway.  Heres hoping I can get the limit on my credit card extended.  It is a pretty low limit at the moment, so 'fingers crossed' there won't be any problems.  I know, I know, not the best way to go, but I really don't have THAT much debt, really (do I sound convincing?)

*sigh*

So then I also have a testing dilemma.  I was trying to work out today whether I really want to concentrate on my photography OR would I rather get back into riding horses.  Or can I do both?  I thought that my camera dying was a sign.  Or is it a test, too see how badly I want to photograph?  And then I got a phone call tonight booking me for an event in March.  Is this a sign that I am supposed to do photography or a test to see how bad I want to ride again?

I think I think too much ... hahaha.

And now its hot and muggy, and I have work tomorrow.  *sigh*  I think I complain too much ......

No comments: