"Worrying about tomorrow means that you are missing some of today" Corey Allan of Simple Marriage

Thursday, April 26, 2012

IVF bumped up ever so slightly

Well we got the call on Tuesday that our second IVF is getting moved up a month, so we will be doing it in July.  It doesn't really help us that much, Dr S had tried to get us bumped up to May, but there are no spaces :(  The booking lady I talked to on the phone was a bit 'professional' about it, I mean I have tried to explain to them oh so many times that we are dairy farming, TJL CAN NOT get off of the farm at any time from end of July until November as we are calving.  Ummm, they don't care.

This means we get to do our second IVF with frozen sperm.  I know TJL has great sperm, but it does still mean that it is one less thing in our favour.  It also means that I have to get my sister to come with me for egg collection, as I definitely can not drive after that, and you are not supposed to be alone for 24 hours afterwards.  And after our last experience of driving home after egg collection I want to stay in a motel in Hammytown anyway.

This also means that I have to get over this hump I have with my sister.  It's crazy!  Our family just doesn't get like this with each other, and I just don't know what is going on in my head with her.  I don't know whether it is just a jealousy thing because she has the kids that I want, or if it is a deeper 'my goodness she is a selfish moo-cow-moo'.  But even Mum mentioned it the other day, she asked if I got thanked for the easter eggs that I had left for the kids.  My response, 'of course not!'  She is just so involved with herself.  I have also talked to Mum about how sis bends over backwards for everyone but her family (meaning Mum, Dad and I, not her kids).  Arhhhh, I think I am just overly sensitive.  And she knows nothing about how I feel, I'm pretty sure it's just me being a numpty!  The worst thing is that at the moment I can't be bothered seeing her, which means I don't see my nieces and nephew.  This isn't a big thing, it just means that I can't be bothered DRIVING the 3.5 hours for the specific purpose of seeing them, especially since she can't be bothered returning the favour - I think she may have visited twice in 4 years, but she is oh so busy with 3 kids … yadda, yadda, yadda

Ack!  See what complications IVF brings into ones life!

Other than the above, I am still in a really good headspace.  If IVF #2 doesn't work we still have 1 embryo for FET, and if that is no go we then need to make the decision to do either home for life, or live childless.  Will see how I'm feeling as time goes on!  Right now I am feeling perfectly content to take whatever comes.

1 comment:

Sometimes said...

IVF does bring on crazy thoughts and emotions. Looks like you and I will be cycling around the same time. We're looking at an early July transfer (donor eggs). Good lucK!