So my here are my answers to Sass' 11 questions:
- Where did you grow up and how did it shape you? I was born in Central Hawke's Bay, New Zealand but we left there when I was around 2 so was raised in the Waikato mostly. Funny thing is I always thought of Hawke's Bay as home because Ma n Pa always talked about it as home. Ma, Pa and Sis all live in Central HB now, so thats what I refer to as home. And now I am so far off of topic. Anyway I grew up in the Waikato, and it shaped me … hmmmmm … I'm not really sure. It definitely nurtured my love of horses, and gave me my best friend C, but I don't think I ever felt grounded there, and I have moved around A LOT since. I like the idea of family connections to places, but they have all since gone so I don't really feel like I have much of a connection to any region.
- Do you have any siblings? I have one older sister, N. She is two years older. Has 3 kidlets, who just rock my world (when I get to see them).
- What was your first job? My first job was during high school where I picked berries as a summer job. I only did it for one summer as I absolutely despised it! Second job was on a thoroughbred racehorse stud, and I loved it!
- If you've lived more than one place, what was your favorite home? I have lived pretty much over most of NZ. My favourite home was way out the back of Hawke's Bay, awesome farm that my parents owned. Love, love, loved it there. The more isolated the better in my opinion! Probably the one place I have felt a connection to.
- Where and when did you meet your partner? After 'meeting' via an online dating service, I met TJL in person in a wee town called Bulls, about 5.5 years ago - I think it was … I never remember the details of such things. I do remember forcing down a green bean fritata that I thought the cafe would heat up, but didn't, so it was cold …. ewwwwww
- If you could return to school to study something different, what would it be? Jeepers. I am always interested in different things and so my mind changes all. the. time. I probably should have stuck with my first choice that I didn't continue with, which was Child Psychology. Or I should have ignored my mother and gone to Arts school for my photography. Or I should have ignored my parents advice and just gone horses all the way. Or I should taken my mothers advice and studied Agricultural science. Or ...
- What was your favorite vacation? All of my overseas vacations have been fab. Aussie a couple of times, Bali, and Fiji. Every time I go away with TJL is fab, he is so low key and relaxed, which is awesome (can be infuriating at times, but mostly its great).
- If you could recommend one book, what would it be? Gosh, Soul Surfer by Bethany Hamilton, just because it is in the foremost of my mind at the moment.
- When did you know that adding a child to your family wouldn't be easy? Always kind of had an inkling I guess. Mostly knew when, after a year of trying, nothing was happening.
- What is your diagnosis? I have lazy folicles - they grow to about 9mm, and then hang out on the couch eating chips, drinking coke and watching old movies instead of putting the effort in to get to the 20mm required. Lazy little buggers! I am also old (40).
- If you could give one piece of advice to the person you were when you were just starting your IF journey, what would it be? Tough question. Hmmmmm. Don't put you life on 'hold' because you 'might' get pregnant. Live your life to the fullest, don't hold back, and if you get pregnant THEN alter your path. A lot of months (or years) can get wasted otherwise.
Thanks Sass! I enjoyed that! Very therapeutic!