"Worrying about tomorrow means that you are missing some of today" Corey Allan of Simple Marriage

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

New dog, and one of the chickens layed an egg!

Me and Zara, the 'new' dog. This photo is awful when enlarged, but I get an idea of what T gets to look at daily. Very shameful! But "I'm working on it"


I had a pretty awesome day today. Didn't sleep particularly well, due to Stella barking at goodness knows what, and I just don't seem to sleep well when I have to get up. Doesn't help that I am photographing over the weekend as well, so no hope of a sleep in then either. Roll on next Wednesday ... lol

My day began well, by putting away all of the dishes before I left. It actually makes me feel so much happier when I see the kitchen clean and tidy. I will begin working on the bathroom in the next day or so. Not that there are big tasks, just the vanity and toilet, and shower/bath of course. Work was good. I had a few more companions today so that was cool, but I still got to work on cheese all day, so that was nice to do. Plus I sold my computer desk for $20 so that is some clutter gone, and $20 in my pocket (make that savings!)

After work finished I met L's husband J outside the fire station and collected Zara. She is not the prettiest of dogs, yet! Unfortunately she is a matt of knots underneath. Plus she is quite nervous (which is totally understandable), so once she gets comfortable I am sure she will be a bunch of fun. Poor Stella was dying to play with her, but I think she was just too scared. We took her for a walk down the farm, on a leash of course, and a couple of times she made to bolt. I put my t.shirt in her kennel for the night, so she gets used to my smell, so hopefully that helps. After I locked them up I heard the odd bark, and I thought it was Zara as she is obviously still unsettled. Finally I looked out the window and Zara was in her kennel, and Stella was in her run barking at Zara (not madcap barking, just a couple of quiet woofs). Fingers crossed all goes well, that is for sure. I want to take her to the vet for her shots, and a general going over, and hopefully a trim of all of those knots, poor wee poochy. I hope she comes to realise that she will have an awesome life with us, compared to being left in her kennel and fed only for two weeks!

I just realised that I forgot to thank Trent for bringing the kennel over! Arghhh. I must remember to do so when he gets home from the speedway meeting. I have been working at becoming an excellent 'wife' again today. I did a small load of washing, which is now hanging up on the inside clothes airer. I cooked tea, and did the dishes, and well, I was going to make a pudding, but I just realised that we don't have enough milk. Oh well. I also remembered this morning, that Carrie Underwood sings kind of religious songs, so I put her CD on for my driving today, which was really uplifting and great. I will have a hunt around for some more religious music, as they really do uplift me (both words and tunes).

And one of the chickens finally laid an egg! Hooray!!

No comments: