"Worrying about tomorrow means that you are missing some of today" Corey Allan of Simple Marriage

Monday, June 28, 2010

Hope my photos upload today

29/06/10 - oh yep, still the same!




28/06/10 - dowdy, dowdy, dowdy, plus T!


With any luck, all my photos will upload tonight. 2 from yesterday, plus todays one. Pretty hard to tell the difference, as I dress the same dowdy way each time. But I am just in my farm clothes, so what the hey!
Had a great day today. Was on my own in Central Chemistry, so got to work at my own pace, on my own thing (well on the tests I had to do, obviously). There were only 4 of us, plus co-ordinator and technician, so I enjoyed it. It is nice being in a small, compact group like that. I think I had a pretty good attitude all day, I am working very hard at it.
Didn't walk very far tonight. Just up the hill race and back. I wanted to talk to R and he was at the shed, so we popped over there and chatted for 10 or so minutes. He is lending me his dog kennel and run for my new dog! Yay! And if T does not learn to love her in the next three weeks then she will be Mum and Dads new dog. She is a 5 year old cocker spaniel, roan blue in colour. A lady from work is giving her up, and by all accounts she really needs to as they don't sound like they are taking very good care of her at all. I am picking her up tomorrow, and I am so excited! *girly scream here* (and I don't do girly screams). I asked R how heavy the kennel and run were, and T offered to shift it for me! My face just cracked into a huge smile.
I have also been working very hard at being a good 'wife' to T. He suspects that it is because I want this dog, but I only found out about the dog yesterday so that is definitely not it. He was pretty grumpy when I got home but I stayed nice and level and calm. He did hurt my feelings at one point, and now I can't even remember what it was about, and I didn't react as normal, I just kept on walking our walk. I tidied up his small mess in the kitchen, cooked him dinner and did the dishes, all with a smile on my face and a happy heart. While he was grumpy when I first got home, by the time he was leaving for Hawera to work on his car, he was in a much better mood, and he helped me get my desk into my ute, etc, so I am very stoked! Normally if he would offer to help me get a desk into a ute I would snap, no, I can do it. But I have to trust that when he offers to do things like that, and collect the dog kennel and run, that it is because he cares.
I am feeling so blessed at the moment. I have begun having small conversations with God, which for a person raised strictly athiest is a big step. I am also contemplating purchasing a bible so I can read and learn more about being a calm, loving, forgiving, and tolerant person.

No comments: