"Worrying about tomorrow means that you are missing some of today" Corey Allan of Simple Marriage

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Changed my tyre but my spare was flat

And so the story goes. Had a wonderful swim in the morning. There was a bus outside the pool that could only mean one thing .... SCHOOL KIDS .... ARGHHHHHH. But it wasnt so bad, they were kayaking so only 3 in the pool at once, and such quiet, well behaved kids. Don't know what school they were from but MAN awesome kids. I swam 1250M - go me!!! 1050 freestyle, 100 'breast stroke' and 100 backstroke. Twas brilliant.

Walked home and met Dad by the railway lines. He stopped and told me I had a flat. BUGGA. Got home and had an early lunch. Changed my tyre. My spare was flat. I actually think its rotten - ugh. Dilemma - do I fork out good $$$ to fix the tyres (I think I need new tyres not just repairs) when the car is bound to be junked hopefully in a few weeks. Oh it may be best, at least that way I still have some transport. Because of the flats I didn't get to go bike!! Rats.

I did go to town and christmas shop. Got my ex-husband a book, and my neice (ex??) a book and a memo/photo holder magnet thing. Got my mum a bum-bag bottle holder thing for walking, and a pedometer (for her b'day - I forgot that I actually get her a magazine sub for her b'day so I might check with sis if she wants to buy it for her). Got dad a sudoku thingy for Chrissy, getting him Nike golf balls for his b'day (thats what he wants). And got my bubba neice a champions t-shirt, a giraffe fridge magnet (she loves magnets) and a soft dog (half price - hehehe). Oh and I got an Edna calendar for the parents (and one for me) and a bum-bag bottle holder for me too. So just gotta work out what to get the Sis and G and Im done, oh aside from the whole Chrissy card mail-out thing. I had such FUN today.

No comments: