"Worrying about tomorrow means that you are missing some of today" Corey Allan of Simple Marriage

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Milkings sorted

It's taken a LONG time, but TJL finally said that he would like to do the morning milkings, and I am to do the majority of the afternoon milkings.  I am so glad that he has FINALLY made a decision, as I HATE, HATE, HATE not knowing what is happening with my day, ie: in the 'old days' TJL would let me know at 1pm that he wanted me to milk at 3pm.  I don't do well on short notice, so very rarely milked.

This new routine is great at 5.00am when I am merrily sound asleep, and continue to be that way for another hour or two.  This new routine is not so great when I am in the shed at 3pm and it is STINKING hot and I'm sweating my ass off.  Of course sweating my ass off is a good thing as my ass (and a lot of other parts of me) needs to disappear somewhat.

Last night I did a bit of a internet search in regards to training Max a'Million, and one thing really clicked with me, and that is he needs to burn off some energy before being put on a leash, or getting a bit of training.  Fortunately, at the moment, the paddocks behind the house are empty of stock, so I walked the dogs there before we got anywhere near the cows.  It seemed to work a bit, but I need to exercise him a bit longer.

 Max a'Million enjoying a bit of speed work

Maple, one of our most gorgeous cows.  TJL calls her Mabel, and she can be a right numpty PITA, as all things beautiful can be.

Periwinkle, out of Destiny.  Possum, out of Monkey.  Gemma, named after a niece

Stella-D hunting the hills for dem pesky rabbits

This is our oldest chicken Red.  Red is about 12 years old, or possibly more, and at the moment I think she is only 1 of 2 out of 5 chickens laying us an egg every other day.  GO  RED!!  Our chickens are let out of their coop between the hours of about 6.30am to 7.30pm, so the other chickens may be laying elsewhere that I have not discovered yet.

No comments: