A big thank you to Allison for giving me an award. Apologies Allison, for failing to 'pick' it up earlier, and I sure hope I am accepting it the right way.
So step 1 was to thank the nominator - so, THANKS ALLISON!
Step 2 is to share 7 things about myself, hmmmmm
1. I was raised atheist but God found me around 18 months ago. I still have not been brave enough to go to church yet, but I am sure I will get there one day. Its pretty scary when you have NO IDEA of what 'goes on', titheing, etc
2. I desperately want children, biological, adopted, foster, what ever. But should our endeavors in this regard fail, I plan to get back into riding horses and resume competing (something I have not done since I was 15). This is my way of ensuring life goes on and I don't get too hung up on it.
3. I was super skinny as a child and teenager, and have put on a lot of weight over the last 3 years. At this stage my desire to lose weight and be healthy is not stronger than my desire to eat unhealthy food. Weird thing is I am almost opposite to an anorexic, where, if I am picturing myself in my head I still see that skinny kid *sigh*. God is obviously helping me win the battle with this demon, as I really do not like the situation, physically, that I am in.
4. I love, love, love animals, and will never, ever live in town again (if I can help it). We have 1 dog, 1 cat, 3 goldfish, and numerous cows. I prefer sheep farming, but dairy farming is where the $$ are at, and it will hopefully lead us to owning a sheep farm for me at some stage. My favourite smells in the entire world are freshly baled hay, and freshly shorn wool!
5. We can only go on holiday during a New Zealand Autumn/Winter (nature of farming). I want to go to Russia and see how orphanages are run, TJL wants to go to Australia or Fiji. He will win, this year, as he will be paying ... hehehe. I must admit it will be nice to hang out on a beach for a couple of weeks and just totally chill out.
6. The only job I have ever wanted to do was to be a farmers wife. I finally found my farmer (at the ripe old age of 36), but until we have children I 'have' to work. I don't like to work. Whenever I am at work I always think of what I would rather be doing. The one thing I do like about work is earning $$ so I don't have to ask TJL for $$ whenever I need some.
7. I like guy stuff. If we are at speedway I like to hang out in the pits with 'the boys', I like to drive the tractor, I prefer the comfortableness of guys clothes, and I always prefer to hang out with guys rather than girls. My best friends are girls though, but my best workmates are the boys, all of which are leaving me! 3 to go back to university (yes I like guys who are a lot younger!) and 1 is going off on his OE. I am not looking forward to being back at work without my boys - enter cattyness and gossip *YUCK*
The final thing is to nominate 15 blogs for the award. So now I am going to FAIL. I love ALL the blogs I read, and I am pretty sure the majority of them already have awards. So, you know what, if you read this post AND you have a blog AND you have not received an award, consider yourself nominated!