"Worrying about tomorrow means that you are missing some of today" Corey Allan of Simple Marriage

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Stuck on the same weight for far too long

 When I met TJL I was super fit, and looking mighty fine.  Cue 8+ years later and I am a dumpy frumpy dingleberry.

I've tried to lose weight for 7 years, pretty pathetic attempts to be sure, but you know, it's always going around in my head - you need to lose weight, you need to lose weight, you need to lose weight.

And then I tell myself life is too short, I love food, I may as well enjoy myself.

But I don't enjoy myself.  I'm not sad, or unhappy, or depressed, but I could be so much happier if I lost the weight.  Why?  Because I would have so much more self confidence, and energy, and so much less guilt!

Oh the guilt!  Am I really enjoying my food when I feel so guilty eating it?

AM  I  REALLY  ENJOYING  MY  FOOD  WHEN  I  FEEL  SO  GUILTY  EATING  IT?

I also feel guilty about how, when I was skinny, I used to judge overweight people.  Ugh.  Talk about karma!

So weight loss attempt 9 gabillionzillion here I come.

No comments: