"Worrying about tomorrow means that you are missing some of today" Corey Allan of Simple Marriage

Saturday, November 03, 2012

I'm back ... so where have I been?

I have been, exactly, no where.  But I decided to take a blogging break because we were doing a frozen embryo transfer sooner than expected, and this time only ourselves and the clinic knew about it.

Results came in yesterday.

It didn't work.

*sigh*

I feel nothing. 

 I had a wee cry when I told Trent, but only because I feel I am letting him down as he would love to have kids.

But for me, I am truly over it.  I don't feel any loss, I just feel an opportunity to get on with the future.  My future.  Our future.

We have one embryo left.  We will use it in the new year.  

This time though, instead of putting things off until the results are in, my life starts today!

In the preceding years I have put off getting fit because once I fell pregnant all the training would probably have to stop.  Results are that I am 20kg over weight.  So training starts today.  I had planned on 'running', but I think that with my fitness level and weight I will begin with walking, and once I can achieve that comfortably-ish I will begin running.

And I have to say I feel fantastic, like life is kicking into gear.  The cool thing is that yesterday, the weather was terrible!  Rain, rain, rain, and more rain.  Today the sun is out, such a bright opening to begin the rest of my life.

What I have been busy doing over the last couple of months is gardening.

The vegetable garden looks fabulous - as in almost totally weed free, and plants galore in it - nothing ready as yet, but hopefully in a few weeks we will have more than old celery and radishes.

The flower garden is rather patchy, but I have plants that will hopefully fill in the gaps.  I also have a whole bunch of flower seeds to plant up, which I hope to get done today.

So that's what I have been up to. 
Boo Yah!

1 comment:

Pjjam said...

Sorry to hear your FET didn't work.
But I love your attitude - get out there and take life on :)
And good luck and good health for your next FET.