"Worrying about tomorrow means that you are missing some of today" Corey Allan of Simple Marriage

Sunday, October 02, 2011

Acupuncture

I had my first acupuncture session today.  I wasn't really all that sure on what to expect.  The jury is still out on the 'benefits'.  I am going back in a fortnight's time for a second session though, so it will be interesting to see how/if I have changed physically over the next two weeks.  I nearly fainted after needle three went in, but a bit of 'stomach breathing' saw me come right.  The ones she put in my legs by my shin bone - yuck, and when she twiddled them SUPER YUCK!  But I survived.

There were a LOT of questions regarding my menstrual cycle, but I guess that is to be expected when you are looking into acupuncture for fertility issues.

Three key things I took from the session - NO MORE SOFT DRINK!  It is bad, bad, bad for you.  I already knew that but I do so enjoy having a glass (or 3) of coke.
                                                                - Stop taking my antihistamine every day.  I shall give this up for the two weeks and see how I go,  in regards to the changes in me that she see's, and to see how I survive without taking them (increased sneezing, coughing, itchy eyes anyone??)
                                                                -  Stop having super cold and super hot drinks.  I only drink hot chocolate, and that is in the middle of winter, and I like them hot, hot, HOT!  But we are coming into summer, so won't be drinking them anyway.  Now, aside from ice-cold coke I do enjoy ice-cold water, thats ICE cold water.  But no, apparently it affects your gut bacteria so room temperature it is supposed to be.  Bah!

But, really, that's not too many changes I need to be making, and my health will be the beneficiary of this, so nothing to lose really (just dumb stuff like 'but I really, really, really want a coke').

The other thing she said was that she is glad I have quit my job, as I am so tired!  My pulse told her this, and I can not remember what my tongue told her ... hahaha.

I think it was good for me though, time will tell ...

No comments: